I started a new schedule at work this week! Four 10 hour days, and an extra day off. I’m excited about 3 days off, but I’m absolutely exhausted. This past weekend/week was quite a whirlwind. Aside from the new schedule, I got more work done on my tattoo! It has been a long time coming with schedule conflicts, but it finally happened!
Being down in Los Angeles also enabled us to further explore the culinary and craft beer culture! We had fantastic gourmet burgers at Stout Burgers & Beers. This is the Stout Burger with Blue Cheese, Gruyere, Rosemary Bacon, Caramelized Onion, Horseradish Cream, and Roasted Tomatoes. Yum!
I had the most epic Pumpkin Porter from EPIC Brewing Company at District 13 along with great, friendly service that makes you feel like you’re at a long lost best friend’s house! I loved John and Nathan! If you go, ask for them… exemplary service. On the real. They have fantastic street art there too!
And now, your brain food for the week:
- Does “help in the kitchen” make you anxious? I know this is true for my control-freak self. How about you? Try this sous chef technique if helpers kind of freak you out!
- Do you think that drink sizes at fast food places matter?
- There are quick-read nutrition labels out there! Yes!!!
- Tips from the Healthy Voyager on how to have a green Halloween!!!
- We’re all aging – there’s no doubt about that. There are some things that you can do to counteract the affects that aging has on metabolism.
- This takes the cake for shocker of the week: Monster Energy Drink causes death.
I hope you all had a fantastic week! Even though mine was an “adjustment”, it ended on a high note! I even got my hair cut, AND got a new hair toy! “The Wand” they call it. I’m in love. My hair has been in “beach curls” for over 12 hours! Crazy, considering that after about 4 hours of normal curling iron curls, my hair is flat, flat, flat. I feel like Shirley Temple up in here right now with my super-hero curls. Have a fun-filled weekend!
Punk rock studs and glitter kisses,