About a week and a half ago, I turned 36! Needless to say, I have been continuing the celebration all month. Fall is just around the corner (SUNDAY!), and it is officially time to get out those Halloween decorations. Yes!
For the past year, I’ve really had to do some soul-searching. I suppose soul searching will be a constant in my life forever – I always strive to improve some area of my life in some way. With all the death and cancer that has happened both in circles of my family and friends, I want to ensure that I live my life as happily and fully as I can.
So, to kick off my birthday year right, I wanted to do something a bit out of the ordinary – I wanted to get dolled up, and rock out for a photo shoot in the park! When I first told my mom about it, she said in her puzzled tone of voice, “Okay….” It made me second guess myself, but only for a moment, and we went with it. We ended up having tons of fun, laughed hard, got some great photos, and gave the park patrons a show.
We were silly the whole time, and I know it will go down as a birthday to remember! We were all happy. Mission accomplished!
In the past year, I’ve gone way far out of my comfort zone by attending events and conferences by myself, which is HUGE for me. I, and I’m sure along with many others, have terrible anxiety when it comes to face-to-face social interaction. Attending The Blogcademy was exhilarating, but at the same time: terrifying. Thirty bloggers, of which I was the only food blogger, congregated to get schooled on how to make a living doing what you love. I met another native Las Vegan, which admittedly is quite rare, bonded with a Los Angeles environmental designer, fell in love with a tea drinkin’ Tarot Reader, and was smitten by a Mexico City fashion designer/model. I didn’t even mention Gala, Shauna, and Kat!
All of these women have been such an inspiration to me in the past few months. It has greatly altered the course of my life, and I know I’m headed for some crazy, more anxiety ridden adventures, but I am OK with that. I’m a firm believer now that the more anxiety you experience, the better. You get used to it, and as a result become more confident in yourself.
Here’s to another year of growing, nurturing, and happiness!
Here are some things I’ve found interesting lately:
- Twelve Unique Responsive WordPress Themes so browsing on a mobile device is seamless!
- Seven mistakes to avoid when choosing a business entity for you entrepreneurs out there.
- This is right up my alley! Top 10 reasons to eat organic.
- Totally loving this article on how to create glowing links in CSS3!
- I love this by Kat Williams: Three Ways To Ensure You Only Work With Awesome Clients
- Shauna’s Blog Log is inspiring and awesome! If you’re a blogger, you should check it out. Do you know why you are blogging? I do it because I love it, and want to nourish my readers!
- October #Unprocessed is a movement started by Andrew Wilder at Eating Rules, where you eat no unprocessed foods for the entire month of October! Here are some of his tips for unprocessed beverages, flours and grains, and chocolate!
- Should you ever work for free?
Until Next Time, Rock Stars!