I’m with Paige when she says that it’s a buncha hook when people say that
That aloe, though! I feel that flower spikes from succulents are extremely special. Maybe it’s because I’ve been un-lucky – it seems that it’s hit and miss with them. This is the second year I’ve got a spike from this baby, and there are three of them!
To me this is proof that we do, indeed, have seasons, though they may not be as blatant as in other parts of the country.
Yet another sign that Spring is in full swing? Baby hummingbirds. Ya know?! So, a few weeks ago, I showed you the babies, and the next week, I see this:
AO and I came home from a friends house, to some ruckus in our front tree. We see some flutters, and realize that the babies are flapping their wings for the first time! We stood there, in awe for a few minutes. We were witnessing something that few get to experience with their own eyes. Hummingbirds are so damn small that it’s a wonder we found the nest in the first place. Finally, I couldn’t stand it anymore, and HAD to grab the camera to try to captures some of this miracle. And boy, did I. If you look at the following photo, you can see one of the babies in flight, and the other is in the nest.
So, this is what spring looks like in Southern California. Tell me – do you see the beautiful magick of springtime in your city?
- I love these tips to help you make Facebook better!
- Oh my gosh, my two favorite things – TOGETHER! Metal Cats! You can even pre-order Alexandra Crockett’s book of Metal Cats on Amazon!
- Kat from Rock n Roll Bride talks about The Three Mistakes You’re Making with Your Website
- Embrace Those Quiet Times
- I’ve been obsessed with this online puzzle site: www.jigidi.com
Lots of Love,