Welcome, scumdogs of the universe!! These tasty treats were inspired by the one and only GWAR, and their song Bring Back The Bomb! Sometimes these songs get stuck in my head, and I just can’t get them out. I have to play it all the time until I’ve grown sick of it, and they’ve run their course.
Since the song won’t depart, I had to make something that was worthy of Oderus Urungus, GWAR’s fearless leader. Here, I present “BRING BACK MEAT BOMBS“!! Big morsels of meaty turkey, spiced and sweetened up with nectarines, carrots, and chili powder. You’re gonna love this.
They’re super easy to pound together. Just chop the stuff up, dump everything in a bowl, and get to mixin. Not too much though. Shape your balls, stick them on a baking sheet, slather with NOT KETCHUP, and bake them off for about 30 minutes.
You can get all fancy if you want to with the nectarine garnish if you want, but you don’t have to. Serve with extra Not Ketchup Smoky Date sauce though. You HAVE to do that.
Album: War Party
Song: Bring Back The Bomb
I Love Bomb Balls,
- Summertime Turkey Meatballs with Smoky Date Not Ketchup
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4||5 minutes||30 minutes|
- 1 1/4 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1-2 Slices Whole Wheat Bread torn into tiny, pea sized pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Finely Diced Onion
- 1/3 Cup Finely Diced Nectarine
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Smoky Date Not Ketchup Plus more for serving.
- Heat the oven to 350 F, and line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients, with the exception of the Not Ketchup, in the bowl until everything is well distributed, but not more than that. You don't want to handle the mixture more than you have to.
- Flatten the mixture in the bowl, and score into quarters with your hands. With each quarter, make three equal meatballs, and place on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- With a pastry or grilling brush, coat the meatballs with Not Ketchup, then place into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs with slices of nectarines, and roasted asparagus.
If you don't have Not Ketchup, that's fine, just use any sauce you like. BBQ sauce would also work well.