Green smoothies. They are no doubt good for you, and I try to enjoy them at least 4 times every week. Normally I have them in the morning after my hot lemon water, and try to have them before I b-line for the coffee pot at work.
The problem is, though, that these super healthy smoothies are only about 100 calories each, and hardly resemble a breakfast that will hold you over until lunch time. My goal was to create a companion to the green smoothie. Something that would be hearty enough, but still super healthy to stave off those hunger pangs until noon.
Check it, check it y’all! Enter the Oatmeal Cookie that is GOOD FOR YOU! Sweetened with natural sweeteners such as mashed banana, and local organic honey, these cookies will leave you feeling satisfied, and guilt free! What a way to start out the morning!
Happy, Healthy New Year Resolutions,
- Serves: 11
- Serving size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 163
- Fat: 7.7
- Saturated fat: 3.3
- Carbohydrates: 22.5
- Sugar: 11.6
- Sodium: 81.3
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 2.54
- Cholesterol: -
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheight.
- In a medium bowl, add all the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, add bananas, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, and honey, and mash everything well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix well, coating all the oatmeal.
- Onto a parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet, form cookies using a ¼ cup scoop, Flatten with your fingers, shaping the cookies into disks about a half inch thick.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!