So, check this out. Lately I’ve been hearing all about this avocado toast business. I’m certain that the first I heard of it was from Mimi over at Mimi Avocado. It was a new concept for me, I was a little skeptical, but still willing to try it.
It really is super simple, but it’s GENIUS! Obviously you can get a little crazy with it too.
Here’s my version, perfect for a weekend morning. I started with oat bran French bread and avocados from the Temecula Farmer’s Market, roasted piquillo peppers, and an over easy egg. Top that puppy with some fresh basil chiffonade, and you’re good to go! It’s so unbelievably good, and so satisfying too. You’re not going to be hungry an hour later. It really is the perfect start to your morning!
Easy peasy, and wicked delicious!
Have it with a cuppa joe, and you’re ready to tackle the day!
Before I forget, I’ve got to tell you something about my friend Mimi. She works on an avocado farm. As if that wasn’t awesome enough – they sell them. Check out California Avocados Direct for all of your avocado needs. Mimi will take care of ya!
Hell Yes off Beck’s album Guero
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 Pinches Salt
- 2 Pinches Pepper
- 1 Slice of Bread
- ½ Medium Avocado, mashed
- ½ Roasted Piquillo Pepper cut into strips
- 1 Basil Leaf cut into thin ribbons
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and add the olive oil. Add the egg in, and season with one pinch of salt, and one pinch of pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes on one side, then flip over for about a minute more for a lovely runny-yolky egg.
- Toast the piece of bread while mashing the avocado in a bowl with the back of a fork. Spread the avocado on the toast, sprinkle with the remaining pinches of salt and pepper. Arrange the piquillo strips, and top with the egg and basil.