[Photo Credit: Caroline Winata]
Hey, you! How ya been? It’s been awhile!
Since my grandfather passed away, I’ve been keeping myself busy. Unfortunately none of that time has been spent here AT ALL! It was spent doing other wonderful things, like celebrating my Brother’s 30th Birthday, throwing St. Patrick’s Day Parties, blogger conferences, and basically anything I damn well pleased, even if it was absolutely nothing. I attribute it to the grieving process.
I’ve been spending quite a bit of time in my garden too, growing tomatoes and other delectables. My Grandfather did the same thing, and I’m hell-bent on continuing his tradition. Luckily, with the help of my mom, it’s something that I have grown to love. He gave me some of his tomato seeds awhile back, and I just put two seedlings in the ground yesterday. Yes!!
With everything aired out, and open, I’m here to tell you, now that I’m back, I’m going to stick around! This is partly due to The Blogcademy! This conference was a-ma-zing!! I plan to talk more about that, but in the mean-time, here are my links for the week!!
- Gala Darling outlines her experiences with the clean program. It sounds very similar to Kimberly Snyder’s philosophy on food, which is awesome!
- Check out this awesome Dayman mug from the Stone / Aleman / Two Brothers Coffee IPA collaboration. This beer is to DIE FOR! It’s so good. Yet another excuse to drink in the morning!
- General guidelines for how to avoid the Relationship Apocalypse
- I know I sound like a broken record with this, but I LOVE you, and Monsanto is truly the devil. This is a full length MOVIE, so grab some (non GMO) popcorn. The World According To Monsanto
- Related to the point above, Proposition 37‘s opponents (Monsanto) defeated the proposition in part, due to one key point stating that labeling GMO foods would cost you money. Like Zack Kaldveer and Ronnie Cummins point out, “like Monsanto actually cares about your economic well-being.”
- So, this weekend at the Blogcademy, I got the “Oh my god” face when I told Gala Darling that I had no idea who Kris Carr was. After the long, exhausting, yet exhilarating weekend, I checked her out, and Gala was right! She’s right up my alley. “Wellness Activist.” “Cancer Thriver.” She seems like a bad-ass, and I can’t wait to get to know her more! You should too!
- Check out these awesome craft beer glasses!
Stay tuned for a larger volume of posts, I’m going for at least 3 to 4 a week! EEKS!! I know it’s a lot, but I want to grow this into something really special. There will still be recipes and Feeding Brains, but I want to add in some weekly craft beer picks, and other things too!
See ya on the (more) regular,