This week was a busy week! We not only acquired, but laid sod in our front yard on Friday, AND we got our taxes done in-between! As if that wasn’t enough to fill an entire weekend, we also headed out to Los Angeles for my once-and-for-all, final tattoo session! This baby is DONE! This journey started out in April of 2012, and nearly two years later, we’re all done! All the pain, sweat, and tears were worth it. This one is for you, Dadda, and the whole Wiser family! We love our desert & Red Rock, yo! And I love them.
Jeff Ward and I with our “puzzled aggression” look.
Jeff Ward is an absolutely amazing artist and person. If it weren’t for he and Angel going back and forth, there would have been a lot less laughs and much more pain.
I know this has been a long time coming, but here are some links I found particularly interesting or thought provoking this week:
- 5 Most Interesting Food Headlines for March 2014. Horray for companies taking the initiative to brand their products GMO free on their own!
- Kris Carr talks about Caffeine: To Bean or Not to Bean? I could definitely use to cut back on the coffee!
- I feel like it’s been my soul’s calling to read more, and boy, I have been if you look at my Amazon account! I’ve been buying more books than I can read lately, and it looks like I need to add another one: I Can See Clearly Now by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer. It outlines how to honor your soul’s true calling in life. Yes, please!
- Again with the coffee – How Much Coffee Is Too Much?
- The Last Peach Orchards Of Paris
- One of my people (a programmer) is running for congress! I love this so much, and agree with everything Dave Cole says about more need for coders in congress. YEAH! New Jersey peeps need to peep this especially!
- I’ve been participating in thekitchn.com‘s Cooking Cure challenge that goes on from March 3rd to March 28th. Each day you get a manageable task with the end game being a repertoire of breakfasts, lunches, and dinners that you have on hand and ready to go! It’s designed to get you out of a rut, and I’m loving it. Each day’s assignments are listed, so you can hop right in and go at your own pace! Git up on it!