Now that the aftermath of the election has finally passed, I’m left feeling super-sad!! As Californians, we had a proposition on our ballot that would require food companies to label their products if they contained genetically modified organisms. Proposition 37 failed to pass. I normally don’t like to get all political, but I do think that this is so very important, not only for Californians, but EVERYBODY’s health. We have a right to know what is in our food. Genetically modified foods have not been around too long, and the results of the first lifetime feeding study have JUST BEEN PUBLISHED, and it does not look good! Bottom line: franken-food is scary, and we have a right to know whether or not it is in the food products we buy.
Ok, now on to some more uplifting news! The Inland Empire is stepping up in the Breweries department! Ritual Brewing Co. just opened up its doors to the public last thursday (November 1, 2012), and the place is pretty awesome!
Look at how spacious it is!! You walk in, and you want to shout to see how much your voice echos! It’s in an industrial building, so the ceiling is high, and there’s plenty of room!
They only had four of their beers available, but they were all pretty good! Their Wit’s End was a good classic Belgian style beer, and their Extra Red was a lovely bitter & malty beer.
This place is a hop, skip and a jump from my workplace, so I KNOW I’ll be heading there quite often!
Next up is Donkey Punch Brewing.
Would you look at those flavors!! I would have loved to try their Whiskey Stout, but alas, it wasn’t quite ready. I was surprised to find that I really was in awe over the Watermelon Wheat. What a unique flavor of beer! Every single beer was good though, you can’t go wrong with any of them. Check them out!
If you’re interested in visiting either of these breweries, they’re right next to one another. Here’s a map!
View Redlands Breweries in a larger map
Ok, ok, enough of the reviews. Here’s the meaty stuff right here! Enjoy!
- Ever want to know the Secrets of Thin People? Well, here they are!
- Check out this informative kitchen cheat sheet!
- A very interesting article about how when you eat affects your health. Maybe many meals throughout the day isn’t the solution after all.
- Kimberly Snyder is opening her Organic Smoothie and Juice Shop in West Hollywood, CA!! She’s obviously really excited about it and so am I! She has a great philosophy towards nutrition, and now it’s to be manifested in a brick & mortar shop! I can’t wait to visit!
- Aspartame strikes again! It’s bad, bad stuff! Stop eating it!
- Check out these neat natural remedies from around the world!
- I can not emphasize how absolutely devastated I am that Proposition 37 did not pass this Tuesday in California. This article explains EXACTLY WHY genetically modified organisms should be labeled. We must get this back on the ballot for the next election. It’s way too important not to.
- If you’re like me, and want to get involved post Prop 37, visit this site, and join me in boycotting the products of companies who made financial contributions to defeat Prop 37.
Yeast bubbles and liquid gold,