This recipe is an easy one, I promise! It’s true that oftentimes the simple things are the best things in life. We metalled up these unassuming skewers with a cool name, and a super easy spicy balsamic vinaigrette. Cut up your veggies, impale them on your skewers, slather them with the vinaigrette, and pop ’em on the grill while you listen to Amon Amarth.
Let the fire do it’s work, and twenty minutes later, they’re ready to accompany your main dish, or be the star on their own! Those heirloom cherry tomatoes were my favorite part. Get them now while they’re available at their peak! You won’t regret it.
Valhall Awaits Me
Amon Amarth – With Oden On Our Side
- 2 Organic Red Peppers
- 1 Organic Green Pepper
- 1 8 ounce Box of Organic Cremini or White Button Mushrooms
- 2 Medium Red Onions
- 1 Pound Organic Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Sauce (I used Stone Brewing Co.’s Crime Hot Sauce)
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Cut up all the veggies into bite-sized pieces. I left the mushrooms and tomatoes whole.
- I strongly suggest large, metal skewers for this, because the veggies will sit on the grill for awhile, and you don’t want the wood skewers to burn. If wooden skewers are all you have, that’s fine, just soak them for 30 minutes before threading the veggies on.
- Alternate the veggies as you thread them onto each skewer, then place the skewer on a large baking sheet.
- Once the veggies are on the skewers, heat up your outdoor grill to medium heat while you prepare the dressing for the skewers.
- Add all ingredients except the olive oil to a bowl and mix well with a whisk. Slowly add in the olive oil while continuing to whisk, until all the olive oil is incorporated, and the mixture thickens up. Using a silicone bbq brush, baste the skewers with the dressing, making sure to coat all the surfaces of the veggies.
- Place the skewers on the grill, turning them by a quarter once every 5 minutes.
- Use the remaining dressing to baste during the grilling time, as needed.
- Remove from the grill, and serve immediately!