Hey you! I’ve got another video for you, and I’m super stoked! I hope you enjoy it – we’re making bloody mary’s fit for metal kings! I present to you the Raining Bloody Mary – an ode to one of the most influential metal bands of all time, SLAYER!
Yummy, spicy, and delicious. It’s basically a salad with vodka dressing. I’ll take it!
Just a couple things before you get going:
Bloody Mary Mixes / Add-Ins
Make sure you get a GOOD mix. Some mixes taste like tomato juice, and that’s okay – you just have to kick it up with your own add-ins like Worcestershire sauce, your favorite hot sauce, or horseradish. Basically anything savory/spicy that will mix in good with the liquid. Then there are some mixes that are great right out of the bottle, like Ballast Point’s Bloody Mary Mix. You don’t have to add anything to it – it’s great on it’s own. BUT you be your own judge. You know your taste buds better than anybody else.
I love lots of pickled veggies and peppers in my Bloody Mary, and the celery is a signature garnish for sure. Check out the olive bar at your local grocery store for great garnishes – you can get a good variety without having to buy 5 jars of stuff that will sit idle in your fridge long after Sunday.
I also find that the fresh celery is a great refresher, but sometimes the outside stalks can get stringy and tough, and don’t look very pretty. When you serve your Bloody Mary’s, choose the celery stalks that are near the heart of the bunch. They have a great yellow/green hue, are tender, and have great leaves!
Now go forth and ROCK your Sunday!
- For The Bloody Mary
- 1 Pint Glass filled with ice
- 1 Lemon Wedge
- 1 Tablespoon Celery Salt
- 2 Ounces Vodka
- 4 Ounces Bloody Mary Mix
- Add-Ins (optional, depending on your tastes)
- Hot Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Steak Sauce
- Any savory food item you like!
- Garnishes (optional, but encouraged)
- Celery Salt
- Celery Stalk
- Lemon Wedge
- Pickled Green Beans
- Peppadew Peppers
- Pepperoncini Peppers
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives
- Take a lemon wedge and moisten the rim of your glass with it. Then, dip the rim into your celery salt. Fill with ice.
- Add the vodka, and bloody mary mix. Add any other add-ins like hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, or horseradish.
- Garnish with a celery stalk, and using a small wooden skewer or cocktail sword, add two pickled green beans, peppadew pepper, pepperoncini, and blue cheese stuffed olive, and set on top of the drink. Add a straw, and lemon wedge, and serve!