Hello sugar-bombshell! It’s been awhile since I’ve breathed life into the “Feed Your Brain Rock Star!” section of this site, and I thought it might be fun!
Lately, a whole bunch of stuff has been happening, and quite frankly, I’ve been a bit worn out!
The hubs and I have been slowly planning a kitchen re-model that is about to launch in full force soon! We’ve been back and forth with our bomb-ass cabinet maker, going over glorious renderings, wall tile, floor tile, re-claimed wood, floating shelves, and live-edge wood accents! This planning has been going on for a good, long while now, and I can’t tell you how thrilled I am to get started on it! Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s full steam ahead!
Speaking of Thanksgiving, it was quite a family affair this year. I hosted my first large gathering of 20 people, all family members in my house! We had a large 21 pound turkey, a Honey Baked Ham, and all kinds of sides like pistachio pudding, Broccoli Cheese Casserole, mashed potatoes, sauteed green beans with a ton of garlic (YES!!), stuffing, macaroni salad, and a slew of craft beer of course(though I was nursing on the egg nog all night)!
It was such an honor to have such a full house and feed so many people at once. I’ve never hosted nor been to one that large before, and my heart hasn’t been more full! How was your Thanksgiving?
- Everyone wants to know how to make a perfectly flaky pie crust.
- Obsessed with Dreamy Leaf these days. They have awesome vegan recipes, and the photography is stunning!
- Shauna over at talks about how to deal with competition in your field. She is a bad ass!
- Can’t go wrong with some bad ass free fonts!
- Let’s not pander to mediocrity, and create something amazing!
- Scheduling tricks that will save your sanity.
- I’ve been dabbling in Periscope which is an app for iPhone and Android that lets you broadcast live video to the world. Follow me! My handle is @DvlWearsParsley.
- Clutch‘s new album Psychic Warfare is amazing!! You should buy it now.
That’s all for this week, folks! Sorry the list is a bit all over the place, but that’s just how I roll. I find many things interesting, so I figured I’d just pass them on! How was everyone’s week? What are your exciting plans for this weekend?
With an abundance of love,