Yes, smoothies in bowls. It’s a thing! Smoothie bowls have been popping up in my social media channels, so I had to try my hand at an original Blueberry Smoothie Bowl!
They looked so good, and I like the idea of slowing down and eating it with a spoon rather than gulping it down quickly without really enjoying it. I made this after a hike on our local trail, and the textures of the granola, hemp seeds, and fresh blueberries & kiwi were just what the doctor ordered. It’s like a fruit soup! Absolutely delicious. Because of the granola and hemp seeds, the healthy fat factor is bumped up. There is a bit of added sugar/honey to the granola, but hey. We’re drinking a bunch of fruits, that have a whole lot of fiber (clocking in at over 10 grams!), and a fair amount of protein. This is the perfect post-workout meal.
Add a leafy green salad to this, and you’re set for a fantastic, clean lunch!
Have you heard of these smoothie bowls before? What would you top yours with?
- For The Smoothie
- 2 Cups Blueberrries
- 1 Cup Cubed Mango
- 1 Banana
- 1/3 Cup Chopped Celery (or one stalk)
- 3/4 Cup Cucumber (or one mini cucumber)
- 1 Whole Kiwi, skinned
- 1 Tablespoon Açai Powder
- 1 1/2 Cups Coconut Water
- For The Topping
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1 Whole Kiwi, skinned and diced
- 2 Teaspoons Hemp Seeds
- 1/2 Cup Pecan Cherry Granola
- Blend the smoothie ingredients together for 30 seconds, or until smooth, and divide into two bowls.
- Use your creativity and top the bowl with granola, fresh kiwi, blueberries, and hemp seeds. Enjoy!