Apologies for the writer’s block lately! Things have been cooking behind the scenes though, and I’m ready to come at ya with some super, great, nutritious stuff! October is officially over, and thus October Unprocessed is over, but that doesn’t mean we have to stop eating whole foods! Check out this quick little video on how to make your very own almond milk. It’s really easy, and tastes so fresh and delicious. I love it in my coffee and muesli in the morning. You just can’t go wrong! I’m tellin’ ya!
Making almond milk does require some special equipment – a nut bag! It allows the liquid to pass through, leaving the pulp inside, so you have nice, non-grainy nut milk. The one I use in the video is from Rawsome Creations – you can purchase one here!
I hope you enjoy the video, and are empowered to try making your own almond milk!
Whole Food Lovin’,
- 1 1/2 Cups Raw Almonds
- 8 1/2 Cups Filtered Water, divided
- Soak almonds in 4 cups of water for 2 – 6 hours, and up to as long as overnight.
- Pour the almonds in a blender with 4 1/2 cups of water, and blend until the almonds are pulverized, about 2 minutes.
- Pour through a nut bag, and gently squeeze out the liquid, leaving the pulp behind.
- That’s it! You have your very own almond milk!