Hello baby veggies, I see you! What in the world are you supposed to do with a baby veggie basket like this?! Well, first of all, you can make quite a few recipes. I’ve grilled them in the past, and man, are they fabulous like that. I also saved some of the potatoes for use in breakfast potatoes, and have roasted all the beets for use in salads during the week. I absolutely LOVE this basket. Thanks (again) Melissa’s Produce!
View this post on Instagram
But the ices of the underworld plague us, and there is no way in HELL I’m going outside. It’s time to turn on the stove to cook this savory bad-boy baby veggie soup (and help warm up the castle while we’re at it).
Select the following veggies from the basket, and let’s get chopping. The celery was an addition from my fridge. Seemed like we needed yet one more ingredient for this medley.
A tablespoon of olive oil, then onions, celery, carrots, patty pan squash, zucchini, potato, and wax beans go in for a quick sear, then your salt, pepper, dried thyme to season. Add in a vessel of great northern white beans, tomato paste, and water, and simmer for 20 minutes until veggies are tender. Watch the video to see how we finish it up!
As always, if you try this recipe, I’d love to see how you like it! Follow me on Instagram, and Tag #thedevilwearsparsley. I’m also on Facebook, and check out my YouTube channel for food hacks, how-to’s and amazing craft beer and food pairings! You can also subscribe to my newsletter here, so you don’t miss a beat!
Baby Vegetable Soup
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 Cups Boiler Onions Peeled & Quartered
- 1 Cup Celery Diced
- 1 1/2 Cups Baby Carrots Sliced
- 1 Cup Yellow Patty Pan Squash Quartered
- 1 1/2 Cups Dutch Baby Yellow Potatoes Quartered
- 1 1/2 Cups Baby Zucchini Sliced
- 1 1/2 Cups Wax Beans Cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Thyme
- 1 15 Ounce Can Great Northern Beans With Liquid
- 1 6 Ounce Can Tomato Paste
- 5 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Parsley Roughly Chopped
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
- When the oil shimmers and ripples add the onions, celery, carrots, squash, potatoes, zucchini, wax beans, salt, pepper, and thyme. Cook until the veggies become slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- To a medium sized bowl, add the tomato paste, and about 1 cup of the water. Whisk until completely combined and not lumpy, and then add it to the vegetable mixture.
- To the large pot, add the remaining water, and turn heat up to high. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then turn the heat down to low, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, and the potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork.
- Turn the heat off, and mix in the parsley. Divide among 6 bowls, and serve! Garnish with more parsley leaves.
*Disclaimer: I won this Baby Veggie Basket from Melissa’s Produce. I was not paid for this post, nor compensated in any other way. All opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links.