My husband loves Caesar salads. He always orders them at restaurants, and has asked me to make them again and again. So, I finally did it, and it was SO EASY. Just make sure you get really fresh lettuce, some organic chicken, real block Parmesan cheese, fresh eggs, and you’re good to go! It’s so yums.
It’s so easy and simple to put together too, and with all natural ingredients, you can’t go wrong!
That is all!
Tangy, garlicky lovin,
- For The Dressing
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Teaspoons Anchovy Paste
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For The Salad
- 1 Pound Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 2 Teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Large Head Romaine Lettuce, cut into 1 inch strips and washed (16 Cups – 4 Cups per salad)
- 1/2 Cup Shaved Parmesan Cheese (peeled with a vegetable peeler)
- 2 Cups Croutons (optional)
- Put all the dressing ingredients into a blender with the exception of the olive oil, and blend on low speed just until mixed, a few seconds. With the blender still on low, drizzle the olive oil, until incorporated and frothy, about 1 minute. Reserve.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and add the olive oil. Cut the two chicken breasts in half length-wise so you’re left with four thin chicken breasts.
- Season with salt and pepper, and add to the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until the chicken is done.
- Remove to a plate to cool.
- Add about half the lettuce to a very large bowl, and add 1/4 cup of the dressing. Toss until all the lettuce is coated, and transfer to two plates. Repeat with the remaining lettuce, and another 1/4 cup of the dressing.
- Top the lettuce with the shaved Parmesan Cheese and croutons.
- Slice each chicken breast into 1/4 inch strips, and place on each salad.
*I can’t tell you that it’s okay to eat raw eggs. Just seems like the FDA or whoever governs what’s “safe to eat” would have a problem with it. If you can’t hack the whole raw egg thing, just use two tablespoons of mayo instead, and you’ll be good to go. I have farm fresh eggs available to me, so I don’t worry about it too much. Use your judgement when consuming raw eggs, mmmmmkay bro?
Cathy | She Paused 4 Thought says
There is nothing better than a fresh made caesar salad!
Natalie Wiser-Orozco says
Amen to that Cathy!!!
Definitely going to try this. I’m tired of the same old salads I bring to work. Thanks!