The Hubbs absolutely loves 1000 Island dressing, and I always forget how easy it is! It’s just mayonnaise, ketchup, and pickles, but to spice it up, I added some yellow mustard at the Hubbs’ request, and added some hot sauce, because we absolutely LOVE our hot sauce!
There’s not much to it, really. Just mix up all of the ingredients in a bowl, and voila! You’ve got a fantastic dressing, ready for lunches, or a quick salad snack in a pinch. You can also add it to sandwiches if you like, or as a french fry dipper.
And because we do love our hot sauces so much, I am compelled to mention 9 Circles Of Hell‘s flagship hot sauce called Penance Due! It’s made with a blend of Ghost, Fatalii, and Red Habanero peppers, and is wonderfully spicy! It kicks up this dressing perfectly.
I made this last week, and honestly, we haven’t devoured so many salads in a very, very long time. I was going to share it with you earlier, but before I knew it, it was all gone! This one is a keeper, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
One Thousand Kisses,
Vegan 1000 Island Dressing
- 1 Cup Vegenaise or other vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 Cup Organic Ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon Yellow Mustard
- 1-2 Teaspoons Hot Sauce depending on spice level desired
- 1/3 Cup Diced Pickles I used Bubbies pickles
- Mix all ingredients together, and store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
- Use on your favorite salads, sandwiches, or as a french fry dipper!