Did you know that scallops are effing expensive as hell? Geez man, $19.99 per pound for these beauties. Is it worth it? I’d say so. I mean, I definitely don’t eat them every week, or even every month. Shoot, honestly, I can’t remember the last time that I had scallops – it must have been at least a year ago! With that said, it’s nice to splurge a little every now and then, and send your money to the sea gods.
I got the inspiration for this dish from googling what the heck to do with Champagne Grapes. Melissa’s Produce had sent me some of these beauties – I had never seen them before, and I saw a dish from Epicurious – Pan-Seared Scallops with Champagne Grapes. I thought it sounded pretty good, so I gave it a whirl. They are beautifully soft, sweet, crunchy and delicious!!
Enjoy, my friends!
P.S. Don’t forget – there’s still time to enter Melissa’s The Great Pepper Cookbook (Oxmoor House) giveaway! Follow the link to find out how to enter – the giveaway ends September 8th!
Send Me Your Money
Suicidal Tendencies – Lights, Camera, Revolution
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 Pound Medium Scallops (about 8 scallops)
- 1 Cup Champagne Grapes
- 3/4 Cup Finely Diced Red Onion
- 1/4 Cup White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Roughly Chopped Raw Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Parsley, roughly chopped
- Thoroughly dry scallops on both sides, and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat, and let brown a bit, about 1 minute. Add in the scallops and cook 3 minutes per side. Remove to a platter, and cover with foil.
- Add in the onions, and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add in the champagne grapes, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add in the wine to deglaze the pan, scraping any bits off the bottom with a wooden spoon. Let the wine reduce to about half.
- Add in half of the parsley, and all of the almonds, and toss.
- Divide the grape mixture among four plates, and top with two scallops each. Garnish the plates with the remaining parsley, and serve immediately!
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
Totally obsessed with scallops but I can’t remember the last time that I made some! Definitely inspired to go out and make this recipe now.. thanks for the idea!
Cathy | She Paused 4 Thought says
I love scallops, and I wouldn’t thought of pairing them with grapes. Looks wonderful. I can’t wait to try this recipe.
Oh wow! I haven’t had scallops in such a long time, probably from the buffet at the Rio. This looks so good.