You heard that right. Bourbon Smoked Pizza. Yet, the pizza itself isn’t smoked. How does that work, you ask? Bourbon Smoked Paprika. This spice is as good as gold in my house. Like truffle salt, it’s the one spice I must not be without, lest people may die.
Here’s how to make these lovely slices of smoked summer goodness. Enjoy.
Also, it’s obvious I’m a fan of pizza with two posts so close together. Sue me.
Bourbon Smoked Pizza
Bourbon Smoked Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Bourbon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic finely chopped
- 1 Whole Pizza Crust Pre-made or home-made
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese Vegan
- 1 Whole Corn Cob
- 1/2 Cup Artichoke Hearts Jarred
- 1/2 Cup Onions White, Julienned
- 1/4 Cup Basil Leaves Torn
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit, and preheat your outdoor grill.
- While the outdoor grill preheats, mix together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Clean the husk and silky hairs off the corn, rinse, and roast on the outdoor grill for about 3-4 minutes per side until some of the kernels have browned.
- Cut the jarred artichokes in half, julienne the onions into thin strips, and once the corn is done, using a knife (carefully), cut down the cob, removing the kernels.
- Get your pizza crust ready by placing it on a cookie sheet and shaping it. If you're familiar with using a pizza peel and stone, you can do that too. (Make sure your stone has pre-heated with the oven.) Sprinkle semolina flour on your peel, and shape your crust on top of the peel. The purpose of the semolina flour is to keep it from sticking to the peel as you slide it off the peel and onto the stone in the oven.
- Mix the sauce so it's a homogeneous mixture before dribbling it all over the dough, then spread it all around with the back of a spoon. Add the cheese, artichokes, onions, and corn.
- Place into the preheated oven (if you're using a cookie sheet), or shimmy the pizza from your peel onto your pizza stone carefully. Bake for 10 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and let sit 2 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!