*DISCLAIMER: This is a Sponsored Post brought to you by Misteka Foods. This post also contains affiliate links with Amazon. If you click any of the product links, I get a portion of the proceeds of any purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your continued support! It helps keep The Devil Wears Parsley around, and I love being here rockin’ with you! All opinions and thoughts are my own.Jump to Recipe
You’ve worked hard today, put your best foot forward, made great progress on your projects, and are feeling incredibly accomplished. You’ve earned a break. And you deserve it! You’ve got a jar of Misteka Foods’ Signature Tomato Sauce in the fridge, and a box of pasta. Voila! Dinner is served in under 20 minutes.
I absolutely adore a good tomato sauce, and Misteka’s Signature Tomato Sauce is so versatile, that it can jump cuisines with ease. This time, we travel to Italy, and use this tomato sauce as we would an Italian tomato sauce, and prepare Spaghetti with Marinara, or as I’m referring to it: Mideast Spaghetti.
I’m using the term marinara loosely, because it’s defined as an Italian tomato sauce that’s “made from tomatoes, onions, and herbs, served especially with pasta”1. Misteka’s Middle Eastern version of tomato sauce follows that definition fairly closely, with just a few spice variants, so in my eyes, it definitely qualifies as a marinara of sorts!
Just as a pre-made classic Italian Marinara lends itself to a quick pasta meal, Misteka Foods does the same with their Signature tomato sauce. You can just add pasta and sauce together to form a meal that’s memorable, tasty, and most importantly, pleases everybody! In this version, I add in some classic Italian herbs like parsley and basil. Capers bump up that glorious pickled/salty flavor, and toasted pine nuts lend to that luxurious & crunchy bit. You can dress it up like I’ve done in this recipe, or you can add your own accoutrements to jazz it up. Cilantro and almonds would do nicely! But you don’t have to get all fancy, either. A quick, no-fuss, simple sauce & pasta is perfectly acceptable. Let me know how you’d dress up your pasta in the comments!
Misteka Foods Signature Tomato Sauce is available in 32 ounce containers for $13.85 through Koshary by Misteka’s website, under Sauce and Dressings. Other sauces are available as well. This sauce needs to be refrigerated, so it’s available locally in and around Clarksville, MD.
You can find Koshary by Misteka on the following social channels:
- 4 Cups Misteka Food’s Signature Tomato Sauce
- 16 Ounces Spaghetti Pasta
- ¼ Cup Pine Nuts toasted
- ½ Cup Basil roughly chopped, and loosely packed, keep a few whole leaves for garnish
- ½ Cup Parsley roughly chopped, and loosely packed
- ¼ Cup Capers
- 4-8 Slices Sourdough Bread
- Butter for bread
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In the meantime, place a large saucepan over medium heat, and add the Signature Tomato Sauce to warm, about 5-7 minutes.
- To toast the pine nuts, add them to a small, dry pan, and turn the heat to medium. Continue to toss for 2-3 minutes, until they start to turn golden brown. They will continue to cook, so once you see color, remove them to a small container to cool.
- When the water comes to a rolling boil, add in the spaghetti, and cook for as long as the package indicates. Drain the pasta, then return to the big pot. Add in the warmed sauce, basil, parsley, and capers, tossing well.
- This is a lot of pasta, so it can serve 4 very hungry people, or up to 8, when served with a side salad & bread. Divide the pasta among 4-8 bowls, top with pine nuts, and basil leaves. Serve with toasted, buttered sourdough bread!